Monday, September 29, 2008

"The Party"

We had Alaynah's birthday party on Sunday, September 28 (the day before) at 5:00 at our house. We had a fire going in the fire pit and BBQ ed steaks and chicken. It was a yummy dinner. Alaynah enjoyed running around the yard with Peyton and Tyler the most. They had such a blast jumping on the tramp and playing on the putting green. Alaynah LOVED her cake. I made it Sunday night and it turned out pretty good for a rookie. I made a chocolate brown cow with hot pink spots. I also made Alaynah a miniature one that looked just like the big cake. Sunday morning I was getting Alaynah her breakfast and heard her say, "Oh, Oh, Oh W.O.W (stretched out long)." I thought, what in the world is she so excited about. Well, she saw her cake and was way excited about it! When we gave her the little cake she touched it a little and then dove in. She loved it! Soon, she was covered in chocolate frosting. The best part was her sounds of her enjoying this sugar feast. She would say, "Oh, Wow, Mmmmmm." She was hosed down afterwards and opened some presents. McKay, Lindsay and Peyton gave her 2 cute Peek A Boo books and some darling pink pig slippers. I keep putting the slippers on her feet and she is confused because she thinks they are like a teddy bear and wants to hold them. Silly Girl! Dan, Wendi and Tyler gave her the cutest fairy outfit. It came with a flowery skirt, wand and fairy wings. Grammy and Papa gave her $20 dollars (she loves money. . bad sign?), and this backpack with wheels that is pink, soft and furry. It has a princess bear that straps on the front. Inside, there is a smaller backpack with another princess bear, and inside that was a beany baby pink poodle. Alaynah adored the bears and gave them each a hug and kiss. Kimball and Melissa gave her this electronic book that sings and reads stories. It is very cute and Alaynah loves the music. Max, Heidi and Jeremy gave her a dancing Elmo that is really fun. The Eagar Family gave her a purse that sings and counts with lipstick, keys and other goodies to go inside. Grandma Darlene, Grandpa Dan, Justin and Michael gave her a baby stroller with a baby that laughs and a miniature cabbage patch doll whose name is Alaynah. The Brown Family gave her blueberries (her absolute fav) and a potato head man. Thanks everyone for such wonderful gifts, we love you all! Alaynah did not enjoy opening presents (though I am sure she will love playing with them tomorrow) and was pleased just to run around outside.

2 comments:

Ranee` said...

Our kids have the same birthday! And they are both our firsts!! That is so crazy. Happy Birthday Alaynah, from A.J.! (And their names both start with A, this is just too weird.) ;)

Emilie said...

HI Ash! I am so happy you found us! I CAN NOT believe your baby is one already- that means it has been too long since we last saw each other. Happy birthday baby!
Em