Introduction: I have always loved to dye Easter eggs. Ever since I was a little girl, it has been one of my favorite times. My family is in town and my Mom decided it would be fun to dye eggs while they are here. We boiled 2 dozen eggs this morning and put them back into the cartons for tonight. I stripped Alaynah down and I pulled 2 dozen eggs out of the fridge. Justin was busily dying eggs and Alaynah started grabbing them like a crazy women. She threw about 5 into the yellow dye. She was being very wreckless with the eggs, but they're hard boiled, right? Well, come to find out, I grabbed the 2 dozen eggs that were NOT hard boiled. We found this out when Alaynah squeezed one of the eggs and it went everywhere. It was a frenzy from then on out. Eggs were breaking everywhere, I was laughing, my Mom was laughing, pure madness. I had egg yolk between my toes by the end. We cleaned up and started over. We gave Alaynah a hard boiled egg and she put it in the green (poor yellow had to be thrown out due to contamination with egg yolk), stirred aggressively, took it out and licked it. Yum. She then proceeded the squeeze the holy living daylights out of every egg she could see. I don't know if this child has some serious built up frustrations or what. I have never seen a 1 year old squeeze a hard boiled egg like it is nothing. It was disaster and a mess.
Tips for 2010 Easter Egg Coloring with Alaynah: 1) Make sure the eggs are actually boiled 2) No one wears any valuable clothing ( everything WILL get dirty ) 3) Color eggs outside where a mess can be made without disaster 4) Realize ahead of time that the eggs will not be pretty 5) The eggs will be crushed and destroyed by Alaynah 6) It will not be the fun, dainty painting of eggs like I enjoyed as a child 7) There maybe rage and aggression taken out on the eggs
6 comments:
That is so adorable! Helps me prepare for what is to come!! It's fun to hear all your voices in the video too...haven't seen your family since that parade a couple years ago in Lovell.
Caydance just watched this video. Then she was frantically pointing at every picture and saying "this mom. this one." cause she wanted to watch more video :( as i watched this video it reminded me of when caydance was one and i realize how much she has grown up :(
That is to funny. I love it. We miss you guys come see us.
Seriously HILARIOUS. I loved your video. You are a great mom, Ash! :)
That video is hilarious! :) You are just too cute!
Hi this is Cricket, Brittany's step mom. I hope you don't mind but I do look at your blog from time to time because your little girl and Jaxson are such good friends. I have to tell you I laughed until I had tears running down my face. She is sooooo cute!!
What a great video to keep and show her boyfriends when she is older...LOL
Post a Comment