Alaynah has always had an eye for finding soap and eating it. Strange? Yes, but very true. Ever since Alaynah was little, she has loved to eat soap. She will scope it out in the bathtub, touch it with her finger, lick and repeat. I once tried this, because I thought in my crazy mind, maybe it's really not that bad. Oh wow! It is absolutely awful. I always hide the soap and, heaven forbid, do not let her eat it. If there is a residue left from where the soap was sitting, she will find it and lick it aggressively. Thus, I must find the soap, hide it and wash away any evidence that it was there prior to Alaynah's bath.
This was taken to a whole new level just yesterday. I was doing laundry, and Alaynah likes to sit on the dryer and watch. As she was sitting there, I noticed her touching something with her finger and then licking it. Lo and behold! It was, yes, some liquid laundry soap that had spilled on the dryer! Oh wow! I told her 'no, no, yuck.' I threw in some more clothes, looked up and she was still doing it. I proceeded to grab her and she violently touched and licked as I picked her up. On the way to the bathroom to wash her hands, she licked and licked to get the rest of the delicious soap off her finger. This is madness. At least she's clean??? I know, it's a stretch.
It's a monster
16 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment