Alaynah had her first time out today. I know she is very little still, but I think discipline is good to start young. I am not the disciplining type, but I want a well behaved child. Right now we have a wild women. . um. . wonder where she gets that from? She keeps going in the street and she knows that she is not supposed to. I talk to her and tell her 'no' when she does something she is not supposed to. I read in my book from my pediatrician that it is hard for young children to understand, but a timeout is a good thing to start. Well, Alaynah went into the road after I made it clear that I didn't want her to, and there was a car coming. I looked and her and said "no" and pointed to the street. I then took her inside and put her in the crib for 1 min (because she is 1 year old) and sat in the rocking chair. I hope this works out, I really am a softy. I just do not want a wild, out of control child that doesn't listen. I am very open to ideas from all you experienced parents!
1 comment:
Be tough, stay tough. They will learn so much more than if you give in. I know both ways and often have a wild son because I give in too much! ;)
Post a Comment